I’m sure you saw this one coming from a mile away. The newest Disney/Pixar craze is on it’s way (June 19th to be exact) and you KNOW all the kids (and adults) are going to be talking about it! Don’t panic, I’m going to bring you up to speed on all you need to know so you can continue to be the coolest grandma, uncle, cousin (the list goes on…) ever!
The movie is called ‘Inside Out’ and its an animated film with voices of big names such as Amy Poehler, Mindy Kaling, Diane Lane and Rashida Jones (to name a few). ‘Inside Out’ is about a young girl named Riley who moves to a new city leaving her familiar life behind. The characters in this movie are Riley’s ‘feelings’, joy, sadness, fear, etc. We go along on Riley and her feelings journey to navigate her new life. Sure to be a fun-filled comedy with great lessons for children, and a profound tear-jerker for adults, ‘Inside Out’ will be a movie for all ages to enjoy.
Here we go with our ‘Top 5’. We want to hear what the children in your life have to say!! Share your answers with us in the comments below or on social media.
1) Do you know all the feelings that are in ‘Inside Out’? (Disgust, Fear, Joy, Anger, Sadness).
2) Have you felt all of these feelings before? (Prompt your child to explain scenarios where there were joyful, fearful, etc).
3) In the movie, the little girl Riley has to move away from all of her friends to a new school in a new city. Do you know anyone who has had to move away?
4) Riley moves to San Francisco. Have you ever been there or anywhere where the weather is hot?
5) Would you like to go see the movie ‘Inside Out’? What is your favorite part of going to the movie theatre?
That’s all for today’s blog folks! As always, we want to hear your opinion! Did you like this topic? Is there a children’s topic that you know is trending right now? Let me know and I just may use it for my next blog!