So you've signed up to become a beta tester, now what?
The first little girl princess has arrived from Disney and your kids are sure to go bananas over her! Sofia is a young, ordinary girl who's life changes overnight. When Sofia's mom marries the King, she instantly becomes a princess!
The TV show follows Sofia's transition into a life of royalty. The best part? There are many cameos from our favorite Disney princesses such as Ariel, Belle and Jasmine, who all help Sofia with her transition into a royal family! Of course, it wouldn't be a Disney movie without a lesson. Sofia learns that it isn't titles that matter, but your character is all that really counts!
Let's get talking with our kids and see what they have to say about Sofia the First!
1) Who is your favorite Disney princess?
2) Would you like to be a princess (or prince)? What would you do all day?
3) What is Sofia's special power? (Sofia can speak to animals!)
4) If animals could talk, what do you think they would say?
5) Sofia LOVES the outdoors! What is your favorite activity to do outside?
Well folks, thats it for this weeks Top 5! I hope the kids in your life enjoyed this activity and you started some fun conversation! For more fun Sofia the first activities click here!
If you have ever watched a child play with an iPad, chances are you’ve seen them open up youtube to watch videos. Kids love searching everything from animals, their favorite tv shows and toy unboxings (more on that here)!
The downside of regular YouTube is that your kids have access to anything. Unless you are watching your kids every second they are playing on the iPad, there is a chance they could come across something you are less than thrilled for them to see.
Whats the solution to that problem? YouTube Kids! An app that only shows kid friendly videos, along with easier navigation, bigger buttons and instant full screen. To make parents even more comfortable, parents can access settings to further control the content their kids can see!
With four of the five most popular youtube channels targeted at children, we know our kids love it!
So what are kids watching on YouTube anyway? Lets ask our kids to share with us what they love!
1) What is your favorite thing to search for on YouTube? (I know for my little cousins ages 5, 4, 3 and 2 they LOVE searching The Wiggles videos!)
2) Have you ever watched an unboxing video? (The most popular channel is called ‘FunToyzCollector’ – get your kids to watch some and you can discuss the different toys!
3) Do you listen to songs and nursery rhymes on YouTube? (The second most popular channel is called ‘Little Baby Bum’, filled with amazing songs and nursery rhymes. Watch these together!)
4) What is the funniest video you have watched on YouTube?
5) Have you ever made a video at home? What was it about? (If not, would you like to?)
A children’s toy where the slogan is: “Where math, science and creativity meet”.
Sounds like a parents dream to me! What could be better then a toy that’s educational and children LOVE?
Magna tiles were created by a math teacher in order to teach children about shapes through play! With Magna Tiles you can create 3D shapes, make flat patterns and develop fine motor skills. The magnets on these tiles are super strong, so you and your kids can make some pretty amazing structures!
Winning titles such as best education product and toy of the year, it’s easy to see why this toy is so popular. There are tons of resources online for activities your kids can do with Magna Tiles specific to age or grade level too!
If your kids don’t already have this toy, this is one to put on the list!
Now, for this weeks five questions…
1) What is your favorite shape to make with Magna Tiles?
2) Ask your kids to find the shapes of these tiles. Can you find an equilateral triangle? A small square? A right triangle?
3) Have you ever tried putting a light under the tiles? (this is really neat, and has a stained glass effect)
4) What was the biggest structure you ever built? How long did it take you?
5) Have you found anything else magnetic in your house that the tiles can stick to?
First time using Kindoma?
Here's our 3 step guide that will have you chatting with loved ones in minutes!
Download Kindoma Storytime on the app store by clicking here or by searching 'Kindoma' in the app store. Once downloaded, open the app and follow these 3 easy steps to get started.
1) Invite a family member. Tap 'add a family' pictured in image 1. You will then be prompted to enter their email address. Once they accept you are ready for step 2!
2) Tap their picture (or name if they didn't upload one) to make a call. Once they answer you are ready for step 3!
3) Choose a story to read together. You can begin by reading a free book like 'The Three Little Pigs', or click on the word 'book store' to purchase other favorites!
As always, if you have any trouble please contact us:
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
“The Doc is in and she'll fix you up. If you’re a toy then you’re in luck!”
(from the Doc McStuffins theme song).
This week I’m going to talk about a TV show that is very popular with many Kindoma families – Doc McStuffins!
Doc McStuffins (or ‘Dottie’) is a 6-year-old girl who is the go-to doctor for stuffed animals and toys in need. Dottie has a magic ability – when she puts on her stethoscope, all the stuffed animals, toys and dolls come to life! Isn’t this every child’s dream? Kids quickly fall in love with Dottie and her stuffed animal medical assistants: Stuffy the dragon, Lambie the lamb and Hallie the hippo.
There’s no denying this show is absolutely adorable with its catchy songs, and lovable toys. But, my favorite part is how it makes the act of going to the doctor seem a lot less scary. As a child I was TERRIFIED of the doctor. I vividly remember screaming fits, sleepless nights, and asking “but what if she gives me a needle?” until I was blue in the face! I can’t help but think if there was a show like Doc McStuffins that made the doctor seem fun and safe, that it may have eased a little bit of that fear!
Now for this weeks Top 5 Questions…
1) Who is your favorite toy in Doc McStuffins? Why?
2) Have any of your toys ever gotten hurt? What did you do to help them?
3) Would you like to be a doctor like Dottie? What do you want to be when you grow up?
4) How do you think Dottie learned how to be a toy doctor?
5) If you could have any magic power, what would it be?
Does the child in your life watch Doc McStuffins? Did they have fun answering these questions? We’d love to know! Let me know in the comments below, on social media or email me: email@example.com.
Until next time…happy chatting!
I’m sure you saw this one coming from a mile away. The newest Disney/Pixar craze is on it’s way (June 19th to be exact) and you KNOW all the kids (and adults) are going to be talking about it! Don’t panic, I’m going to bring you up to speed on all you need to know so you can continue to be the coolest grandma, uncle, cousin (the list goes on…) ever!
The movie is called ‘Inside Out’ and its an animated film with voices of big names such as Amy Poehler, Mindy Kaling, Diane Lane and Rashida Jones (to name a few). ‘Inside Out’ is about a young girl named Riley who moves to a new city leaving her familiar life behind. The characters in this movie are Riley’s ‘feelings’, joy, sadness, fear, etc. We go along on Riley and her feelings journey to navigate her new life. Sure to be a fun-filled comedy with great lessons for children, and a profound tear-jerker for adults, ‘Inside Out’ will be a movie for all ages to enjoy.
Here we go with our ‘Top 5’. We want to hear what the children in your life have to say!! Share your answers with us in the comments below or on social media.
1) Do you know all the feelings that are in ‘Inside Out’? (Disgust, Fear, Joy, Anger, Sadness).
2) Have you felt all of these feelings before? (Prompt your child to explain scenarios where there were joyful, fearful, etc).
3) In the movie, the little girl Riley has to move away from all of her friends to a new school in a new city. Do you know anyone who has had to move away?
4) Riley moves to San Francisco. Have you ever been there or anywhere where the weather is hot?
5) Would you like to go see the movie ‘Inside Out’? What is your favorite part of going to the movie theatre?
That’s all for today’s blog folks! As always, we want to hear your opinion! Did you like this topic? Is there a children’s topic that you know is trending right now? Let me know and I just may use it for my next blog!
Once you shop…you can’t stop!
That is the tag line for the latest kids craze: Shopkins.
I could see myself getting into these toys as a child. I loved to pretend grocery shop and I loved all things mini! Shopkins is a line of grocery themed toys that are all super cute and super tiny! Kids have been going absolutely bananas over these toys, with over six million Shopkins sold within the first four months (you read that right)! Parents have been scouring the aisles of toy stores everywhere to get their hands on the latest character to add to their child’s collection. With 148 characters to collect – that is no easy task!
To make things more interesting, in every package you get 10 little Shopkins that you can see, and 2 secret characters hidden inside the grocery cart. You won’t know which characters you get until you open the package! Can you feel how excited this makes me? So much fun!
P.S. Every Shopkins character has its own name and personality profile on the Shopkins website. Think names like Carrie Carrot Cake and Marsha Mellow…too cute!
Lets move onto the kiddos. Here is this weeks...
Top 5 Questions to Ask Kids about SHOPKINS!!
1) Who is your favorite Shopkins character? (describe what it looks like!)
2) If you could be any Shopkins character which one would you be and why?
3) How many Shopkins do you have? (Name them all if you can!)
4) Do you like grocery shopping with your mom or dad? (tell me what your favorite part is!)
5) What was the best ‘surprise’ Shopkin you ever got in your pack?
Are the children in your life into Shopkins? Let us know in the comments or on social media. Happy chatting!
Kindoma is excited to announce that we were selected to join GSVlabs' EdTech Innovation Lab, led by former Senior Advisor at the U.S. Department of Education, Nancy Lue!
We will be joining about 30 startups that will be supported by an ecosystem that inlcudes corporate partners, seasoned mentors, and an amazing Advisory Board.
We are already reaping the rewards of being surrounded by such an amazing network. At our first GSV event, we had the chance to learn from advisory board member Guy Kawasaki (!) about the art of visual marketing. Amongst many things, we learned that every post should have a picture, as adding a picture doubles engagement.
SO, in that light, check out this picture of our logo in the lobby, 1 row down, 3 in. Hurray!
Will Children Ever Read Again?
Top 5 Questions to Ask a Rainbow Loom-er!
And the research says...Grandparents ROCK!
Top 5 Questions to Ask a Minecraft Enthusiast!
Top 5 Questions to Ask Kids about MINIONS!
Kindoma Strengthens Connection and Communication Between Hospitalized Children and Their Loved Ones
Top 5 Questions To Ask a Frozen Obsessed Child!
Welcome Alexa to the Kindoma Family!
Kindoma Storytime wins a 2015 Parents' Choice Gold Award!
We're looking for analytics experts
Quality Over Quantity